The Bill Mason Memorial Scholarship Fund is a tribute to the late Bill Mason, a Canadian recognized both nationally and internationally as an avid canoeist, environmentalist, filmmaker, photographer, artist and public speaker. The scholarship is intended to incorporate some of the characteristics that made Bill Mason unique and to help ensure that the memory, spirit and ideals that he represented are kept fresh in the minds of Canadians. Applicants must demonstrate experience and competency in any or all of the following: canoeing and kayaking skills, wilderness travel experience, wilderness leadership and guiding, environmental issues, communication skills.
- Must study full-time
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must not be attending high school currently
- Restricted to residents of Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Alberta, or British Columbia
- Restricted to students studying in Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Yukon, Alberta, or British Columbia
- Restricted to students studying Environmental Science, Natural Sciences, Natural Resources, Education, Recreation, Parks, Leisure Studies, or Sports-Related/Exercise Science
- Restricted to : Canadian Applicants
How to Apply
Sign up for a Peterson's account and we'll tell you what you need and how to apply.