Scholarship for dependents of deceased or 100 percent disabled U.S. Armed Forces personnel; the son, daughter, or surviving spouse of a victim of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks who died as a result of the attacks on the World Trade Center in New York City, the attack on the Pentagon in Virginia, or the crash of United Airlines Flight 93 in Pennsylvania; a POW/MIA of the Vietnam Conflict or his/her son or daughter; the son, daughter or surviving spouse (who has not remarried) of a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who died in the line of duty; or a state or local public safety employee or volunteer who was 100 percent disabled in the line of duty. Must be Maryland resident at time of disability. Submit applicable VA certification. Must be at least 16 years of age and attend Maryland institution.
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college or a two-year college
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be between the ages of 16 and 24
- Military service in any armed service branch is required
- Restricted to residents of Maryland
- Restricted to students studying in Maryland
- Restricted to survivors or dependents of people who died, are missing or were disabled in the September 11, 2001 terrorist atacks
- Restricted to individuals having experience in these volunteer or employment areas: police/firefighting
How to Apply
Sign up for a Peterson's account and we'll tell you what you need and how to apply.