One-time award of CAN$1000 to Canadian aboriginal student enrolled in postsecondary training in education, environmental studies, traditional knowledge or telecommunications. Must submit, in 500 words or less, a description of their intended program of study and reasons for their choice of program. Must include most recent high school or college/university transcript; a signed letter of recommendation from a community leader, a statement of financial need which indicates funding already received or expected; and proof of enrollment in, or application to, a post secondary institution. Applicants must also provide proof of Canadian Aboriginal descent. Applicants are evaluated based on need, relevance of study, achievements, return of investment and overall presentation of the application.
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university or a four-year college
- Must study full-time
- Restricted by race for American Indian/Alaska Native students
- Restricted to residents of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Northwest Territories, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, or Yukon
- Restricted to students studying Environmental Science, Natural Sciences, Natural Resources, or Education
- Restricted by ethnic heritage: Canadian
- Restricted to : Canadian Applicants
How to Apply
Sign up for a Peterson's account and we'll tell you what you need and how to apply.