The undergraduate research program is designed to increase the number of highly trained scientists and engineers and enable undergraduate students to conduct NASA-related research. Awards: Research money awarded by the SC Space Grant Consortium will be administered as a stipend through the Financial Aid office on whose campus the Scholar is working. The full research stipend amount is $5,000. Two types of Undergraduate Research stipends are available, each $5,000. Up to $500 of the $5,000 will be available for research related expenses, not including any application fees. The applicant may select which one they wish to apply for: (a) An academic year award given to students interested in conducting research on an aerospace- or space science-related topic during the academic calendar year or (b) A student may conduct aerospace or space science related research for 10 weeks in the summer.
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university or a four-year college
- Must study full-time
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must not be attending high school currently
- Restricted to students studying in South Carolina
- Restricted to students studying Biology, Engineering-Related Technologies, Earth Science, Engineering/Technology, or Aviation/Aerospace
How to Apply
Sign up for a Peterson's account and we'll tell you what you need and how to apply.