5 things you should be doing NOW if you want to start college next fall!
1. Finalize a list of about 5 to 10 colleges
- Visit each in person if you can; if not, there are plenty of online tours available to give you a sense of what life is like on campus.
- Start filling out applications.
- Schedule your interviews.
- There are plenty of online practice tests, books, and courses to help you prepare. Check out these test prep books and these test prep tips for more.
- Create a calendar of every date and deadline in the process -- application deadlines, test dates, financial aid application deadlines, etc., and stay on top of them!
- As a courtesy, let your teachers know if you'll be asking them for recommendations. They need to write recommendations just yet, though.
- Pick someone who knows you well and who'll be willing to go to bat for you.
- Work on your college essays -- our sister company, EssayEdge, can help you write one that knocks it out of the park
What you should be looking to do, coming up:o Take (or retake) the SAT and/or ACT
o Finalize your college essays
o Early decision, early action, and rolling admissions -- don't miss the deadlines!
o Scholarships and Financial Aid: where to look for it and how to apply
o Get your letters of recommendation together