Benedictine UniversityOnline Lisle, IL Private Regional Accreditation
School at a Glance
Founded in 1887, Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students. Benedictine is known for consistently pushing the education envelope. It was one of the first schools to launch a fully online degree program and one of the first to adopt the latest in learning management technology.
Benedictine University provides a values-centered Liberal Arts education. Today, Benedictine enrolls nearly 10,000 students from all 50 states in the US and over 17 countries.
Why Benedictine University Online?
- Over 128 year legacy of academic excellence
- Ranked among America's Top Colleges by "Forbes" Magazine
- 91% of current students report they are satisfied or very satisfied with their learning experience
Online Learning Experience at Benedictine
- 84% of students surveyed reported they found the online learning system easy to use
- Highly interactive learning experience designed to foster peer to peer and faculty relationships
- 24/7 access to courses and technical support
- Students earn the same degree certificate as on-campus peers
- Eight week online course format cover the same content as on campus
- No mandatory log-in times
- 94% of Benedictine online graduates said the program prepared them well for their current career
- 87% of online MBA graduates work full-time
- 84% of online MPH graduates work full or part time
- 96.6% of online MSN graduates work full or part time
*All student survey statistics from Benedictine University's Spring 2014 online alumni survey.
Support Services for Online Students
- Program Managers – help students complete their application and assist in compiling their admissions file. They also walk students through orientation after acceptance.
- Student Services and Academic Advising – assist with registration, help with course selection, go over graduation requirements, and are there for any questions students have along the way.
- Smarthinking Tutoring – Benedictine partners with Smarthinking, the leader in on-demand student tutoring services.
- Faculty Office Hours – a number of faculty offer weekly office hours to answer any questions students may have.
- IT Support – Benedictine offers 24/7 technology support.
- Library – all online students have access to the library at Benedictine that offers virtual research and reference materials, interlibrary loan, live chat and more.
- Professional Development – the career services team is available to help all online students with services such as resume review, mock interviews, alumni networking, career fairs, skype office hours, career assessments, career counseling and more.
- Financial Aid – Financial Aid counselors can help with applying for federal aid, identifying scholarships and loan opportunities and budgeting assistance.
- Named one of America’s Top Colleges in 2016 for the sixth consecutive year by "Forbes".
- Benedictine University is ranked as one of the Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs by "U.S. News & World Report."
- "Crain’s Chicago Business" listed the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) as the sixth largest in the Chicago area in 2016.
Benedictine University holds both regional and programmatic accreditations.
- The University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission(HLC) of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). The HLC is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. This federally recognized body provides assurance that Benedictine meets quality standards for educational performance.
- The Master of Science in Nursing (both online and on-campus) is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE),which “ensures the quality and integrity of baccalaureate, graduate and residency programs in nursing.” CCNE accreditation encourages nursing programs to continually engage in self-assessment as a method for growth and improvement in their educational practice and curricula.
- The Master of Public Health (both online and on-campus) is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).It “assures quality in public health education and training to achieve excellence in practice, research and service, through collaboration with organizational and community partners.”
Benedictine University is dedicated to the education of undergraduate and graduate students from diverse ethnic, racial and religious backgrounds. As an academic community committed to liberal arts and professional education distinguished and guided by their Roman Catholic tradition and Benedictine heritage, Benedictine prepares their students for a lifetime as active, informed and responsible citizens and leaders in the world community.
Benedictine University is a Catholic university in the Benedictine tradition that provides a values-centered liberal arts education enriched by their excellence in science.
Benedictine University Offers the Following Degree Programs Online
|This school does not offer any online Associate's Degrees|
|This school does not offer any online Bachelor's Degrees|
|This school does not offer any online Master's Degrees|
|This school does not offer any online Doctoral Degrees|