College of Continuing EducationOnline Hampton, VA Private Regional Accreditation
Hampton University Online
Hampton University provides affordable undergraduate and graduate programs through Hampton U Online, a division of its University College. Hampton U Online is a web-based, virtual learning community that provides the freedom to study anytime from practically anywhere.
Interactions between students and Instructors occur asynchronously through Blackboard, which offers the following flexible learning processes:
- Electronic lectures and discussions that allow students to review course materials and discussions as needed.
- Assignments that are submitted electronically.
- Assignments that can be completed when convenient (as long as they're submitted by their deadlines).
- Tests that are taken online, within a particular timeframe, and automatically sent to Instructors.
- Course books purchased online and sent directly to students.
- Programs that consist of nine-week, accelerated sessions.
- A full-range of support services including library and career services.
Hampton University Accreditation
Hampton University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s, education specialist and doctorate levels.
In addition, the Division of Education has accreditation from the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education. Plus, the Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Virginia approves its programs. The School of Business has accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
The undergraduate and graduate nursing programs have accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Additionally, the Virginia Board of Nursing approves the undergraduate nursing program.
Students can complete eight bachelor's degree programs online. These programs, which consist of 120 to 122 credits, prepare them for a variety of professions as well as for graduate study.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in General Studies
- BA in Paralegal Studies
- BA in Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Aviation Management (airport administration)
- BS in Business Management
- BS in Criminal Justice
- BS in Systems Organization and Management
- BS in Systems Organization and Management (human resource management concentration)
Students can expand their knowledge or gain the skills to embark on new careers in six areas through these online master's programs:
- Master of Arts (MA) in Counseling (general counseling concentration)
- MA in Educational Leadership
- MA in Religious Studies (theological studies concentration)
- MA in Religious Studies (worship studies concentration)
- Master of Divinity (MDiv) in Religious Studies (executive ministry concentration)
- MDiv in Religious Studies (pastoral leadership concentration)
- Master of Science (MS) in Information Assurance
- MS in Sport Administration
Students whose goal is to gain more specialized knowledge and improve their research and professional skills in business, education, or nursing can earn doctoral degrees online in the following areas:
- PhD in Business Administration
- PhD in Counselor Education and Supervision
- PhD in Educational Management
- PhD in Nursing
Associate and certificate programs
Hampton University makes it possible for individuals to gain essential professional skills and/or prepare for bachelor degree programs through the following online associate and certificate programs:
- Associate of Arts (AA) in Biblical Studies
- AA in Religious Studies
- Associate of Science (AS) in Aviation Management (air traffic control)
- AS in Business Management
- AS in Flight Education
- AS in General Studies
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies
Hampton University offers affordable pricing for online programs, so students receive the best return on their educational investments. Eligible applicants receive financial aid through federal, state, and university sources to help pay for their college education.
Graduate students may qualify for federal loans and university scholarships. Undergraduate students may be awarded some combination of the following resources:
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Direct Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal TEACH Grant
- Federal Work Study
- Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants
- Private Loans
- University Scholarships
- Veterans Affairs Educational Benefits
- Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant
Faculty members at Hampton U Online are fully accessible and engaged in their students' academic progress. They're also dedicated to preparing students for meaningful careers, and they're actively involved in advancing their fields.
Founded in 1868, Hampton University is one of the top historically black universities in the nation. While the university is deeply rooted in the history of the nation and the African-American experience, its view is firmly set on "the horizons of the global community of the 21st century." Its close-knit community of learners and educators represent 49 states and 35 nations and territories.
The university offers approximately 4,600 students an extensive array of graduate, liberal arts, and technical programs through ten schools and colleges:
- Graduate College
- School of Business
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Liberal Arts and Education
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Science
- Scripps Howard School of Journalism and Communications
- University College
Hampton University is located in Hampton, Virginia in the southern region of the United States.