Loyola University New Orleans
Off-Campus Learning ProgramOnline New Orleans, LA Private Regional Accreditation
Online Nursing Programs at Loyola University New Orleans
What it's Known For: With its top-ranking, CCNE-accredited online nursing programs, Loyola University New Orleans helps students strengthen their talents to the fullest by developing the whole person. This goal represents the true Jesuit tradition and the university's number one priority: quality of education.
Unique Opportunities: The university's School of Nursing has been providing high quality nursing programs for more than 30 years. With the curricula and expert support of a top-ranked university, it prepares working nurses for critical leadership roles in the health care industry. It instills in students the competencies, integrity, commitment to professionalism, and dedication to community that enables them to excel in their professions. It offers the following academic resources and support:
- Three online programs: Depending on their academic and career needs, students can pursue a
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing,
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Nursing Leadership, Nurse Educator, or FNP specializations
- RN to MSN Bridge option
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Post-master’s to DNP - Executive Leader or Nurse Practitioner specializations
- Research support: A dedicated School of Nursing librarian is always ready to help students with their research.
- Step-by-step support: A dedicated network of credentialed faculty and accomplished alumni help students achieve their goals.
- Personal Support Center: Technical support is provided 24/7.
Why Students Love Loyola: The university's online nursing programs offer students the academic resources, step-by-step faculty support, and flexible schedules to succeed. Plus, "US News & World Report" consistently ranks the School of Nursing as one of the premier nursing schools in the country.
The BSN, MSN and DNP programs offered by Loyola University New Orleans’ School of Nursing has accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), which can be reached at One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530; Washington, DC 20036; (202) 887-6791. Furthermore, the university has regional accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, which can be reached at 1866 Southern Lane; Decatur, GA 30033; (404) 679-4500.
Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
The CCNE-accredited RN to BSN delivers extensive liberal studies that enhance students' understanding of self, others, and the world. The 120-credit hour curriculum will enhance students' critical thinking and communication skills while covering various aspects of contemporary nursing—from appraising the health of individuals to becoming an informed consumer of research. Students may transfer up to 90 credits, including 64 from their associate’s or diploma in nursing coursework, when entering this RN to BSN online program.
With 100% online delivery in an asynchronous format, students have the flexibility to study when it's most convenient for them. Plus, they are not required to make any visits to campus.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
The MSN builds upon nursing professionals' skills, fosters their spirit of independent inquiry, strengthens their communication and critical thinking skills, and enables them to master essential tools for practicing in dynamic health care settings. It includes three concentrations: nursing leadership and nurse educator. It also has a practicum that consists of 180 clock hours in the nursing leadership and nurse educator tracks.
In addition, there are two options for non-nursing bachelor's degree holders. The Traditional RN-MSN program is available to students who hold an associate's degree in nursing and the two-course RN to MSN Bridge option is available for students who hold associate's degrees in nursing and a bachelor's degree in another discipline.
The MSN provides the following benefits and academic resources to help aspiring nurse educators and nurse leaders achieve their goals:
- 100% online coursework: Have the flexibility to complete coursework from any computer
- Accredited: Students earn a CCNE-accredited MSN from a traditional university with regional accreditation.
- Certification opportunities: Students can earn additional certification after they complete the program.
- Highly ranked program: Since 2012, "U.S. News & World Report" has ranked the Loyola University New Orleans School of Nursing one of the top schools in the country. It also received top rankings in faculty credentials and training, student engagement, and student services and technology.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
The DNP provides a rigorous Jesuit education that trains nursing practice leaders to manage health care systems and inter-professional teams, decrease health disparities, and enhance quality of care. Depending on their previous education and career goals, students can choose from:
- Post-master’s to DNP - Executive Leader specialization
- Post-master’s to DNP - Nurse Practitioner specialization
The program offers aspiring nurse practitioners and executive nurse leaders the following benefits:
- Online delivery: Students generally make only one visit to campus each year.
- Academic excellence: Loyola has "a rich Jesuit history of academic excellence" that includes value-focused education of the whole person and a commitment to lifelong learning, service, and social justice.
- Excellent reputation: Loyola is a regionally-accredited university with CCNE-accredited nursing programs that have ranked among "U.S. News & World Report's" Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs since 2012.
Loyola University New Orleans recognizes the special financial needs of working professionals, so it attempts to maintain affordable tuition. It also participates in the following financial programs to help students fund their education:
- Employer tuition reimbursement
- Federal and private loans
- Federal traineeships and loan forgiveness
- Monthly tuition payment plans
Nursing Faculty Members
Faculty members at Loyola New Orleans are outstanding teachers, practitioners, and researchers who are devoted to helping students achieve their goals. All full-time faculty in the School of Nursing hold a doctoral degree. Each faculty member has years of experience and expertise in the courses they teach. Many have published scholarly articles and even books about issues and trends within the field of nursing, and they are all proficient and recognized thought leaders in their field of study.
Available to students just as they would be if they attended on-campus classes, the professors are highly passionate about teaching and place a great deal of value in creating a stimulating learning environment that fosters both creativity and critical thought. They all take a personal interest in the success of Loyola New Orleans' students. With a hands-on, interactive curriculum, personalized interaction with students, and an atmosphere of mutual respect, graduates from this program are well prepared to grow and advance their careers in the ever-evolving health care field.
Loyola University New Orleans
Loyola University New Orleans helps students develop their minds and hearts to make the world a better place. Founded in 1912, this Jesuit university is located in New Orleans, Louisiana in the southern region of the United States. It offers nearly 4,300 students of various faiths 59 undergraduate programs and 11 graduate and professional programs.
Jesuit education is a call to human excellence, to the fullest possible development of all human qualities. This implies a rigor and academic excellence that challenges the student to develop all of his or her talents to the fullest. It is a call to critical thinking and disciplined studies, a call to develop the whole person, head and heart, intellect and feelings.
The Jesuit vision of education implies further that students learn how to be critical, examine attitudes, challenge assumptions, and analyze motives. All of this is important if they are to be able to make decisions in freedom, the freedom that allows one to make love-filled and faith-filled decisions.
Loyola University New Orleans Offers the Following Degree Programs Online
|This school does not offer any online Associate's Degrees|
|This school does not offer any online Bachelor's Degrees|
|MSN in Healthcare Systems Management|
|This school does not offer any online Doctoral Degrees|