About Saint Joseph’s University
For more than 160 years, Saint Joseph's University has been developing the minds and abilities of men and women in a challenging academic environment steeped in the enriching Jesuit tradition of cura personalis (care of the entire person). The strong liberal arts foundation promotes an environment of open-minded investigation and debate and attends to developing students beyond their academic accomplishments, while maintaining high academic standards.
Founded in Philadelphia by the Society of Jesus in 1851, Saint Joseph's University is home to 4,650 full-time undergraduates and 4,300 graduate, executive, and non-traditional students. Saint Joseph's University is regionally accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools—a nationally recognized credential and the highest level of accreditation a traditional college or university can obtain. The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is the unit of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools that accredits degree-granting colleges and universities in the Middle States region.
The Erivan K. Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph's University is accredited by AACSB International, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Only 5% of the business schools in the United States have earned this premier accreditation in business and accounting, which stresses academic excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
Online Degree Programs
Earning an online bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or certificate from Saint Joseph’s University is a great way to expand a student’s career opportunities while enjoying the flexibility to arrange their studies around their professional and personal schedule. With the online program format, students can do coursework when and where it's most convenient for them utilizing asynchronous courses and 24/7 technical support. What’s more, the online degree programs are held to the same academic rigor as the on-campus curriculum, and are backed by the same esteemed credentials.
Students also receive assistance guiding them every step of the way, including:
- Full team of counselors, advisors, and professors who offer one-on-one support
- Financial aid
- Academic support
- Help with the application process
The online degrees and certificates offered at Saint Joseph's University include:
- MS in Business Intelligence & Analytics: Taught within the Erivan K. Haub school of Business.
- MS in Criminal Justice with Five Concentrations: Concentrations offered in Behavior Analysis, Behavior Management, Federal Law Enforcement, Intelligence & Crime Analysis, and Homeland Security.
- MS in Health Administration: Optional Informatics track available.
- MS in Organization Development & Leadership: Rooted in theory and built on real-world experience.
- MS in Secondary Education: Optional Online Accelerated Teaching Certification (OATCERT) available.
- MS in Special Education: Available Concentration and Certification options include Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), PA Hearing Impaired PK-12, Special Education and/or Wilson Reading System®.
- MS in Special Education with Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hard of Hearing PK-12: This program includes the PA Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification, and can also include additional credentialing with a Pre-K-8 or 7-12 Special Education Certification.
- BS in Professional and Liberal Studies: Bachelor completion program that offers a Post Bachelor's Certificate and a Certificate of Proficiency in Autism.
- Certificate Programs Include: Behavior Analysis Post-Master's Certificate, Accelerated Teaching Certificate (OATCERT), Wilson Reading System® Certificate, Pennsylvania Hearing Impaired PK-12 Certification, Proficiency in Autism Studies Certificate, and Special Education Certification.
Accreditation and Recognition
Saint Joseph's University is regionally accredited—a nationally recognized credential and the highest level of accreditation a traditional college or university can obtain. Notable rankings include:
- U.S. News & World Report ranked Saint Joseph's University as one of the top universities in the North and the No. 2 Best College for Veterans
- The Princeton Review ranks Saint Joseph's University's Erivan K. Haub School of Business as one of the 2015 Best Business Schools.
- Saint Joseph's University is accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- The Erivan K. Haub School of Business at Saint Joseph's University is accredited by AACSB International, The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Saint Joseph's University is a member of the Alpha Epsilon Lambda honor society, the nation's only graduate interdisciplinary honor society.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Finding a way to pay for school is a concern for many people. Saint Joseph's University offers financial aid to those who qualify. Our dedicated financial aid staff is here to make this process easy to understand and as stress-free as possible for students.
Students may be eligible to receive Federal Financial Assistance in the form of student loans or grants. Saint Joseph's University Online uses the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to determine award amounts.
Degree & Certificate Programs
Location & Contact
Address5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131-1395