PETERSON’S $2,015 ONLINE SCHOOLS SCHOLARSHIP GIVEAWAY
1. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A purchase of a product or service from Peterson’s Nelnet, LLC, or any of its affiliated companies will not improve the chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Participation requires internet access.
2. CAN I PARTICIPATE? The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; at least 16 years of age at time of entry. Residents of the state of Maine under the age of 18 are not eligible to participate. Employees of Peterson’s Nelnet, LLC, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, web site providers or other parties involved in any aspect with the creation, production, operation, execution and fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family members (parents, siblings, children and spouse) and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) of each are not eligible to win. In the event the potential winner is ineligible to participate based upon the information contained in the background check, an alternate winner will be selected by a random drawing.
3. HOW DO I ENTER? Enter by visiting www.petersons.com/2015 between January 8, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time and March 2, 2015 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Visit www.petersons.com/2015 to complete and submit the official entry form during the Promotion Period
a. You must provide correct information in all required fields on the electronic entry form. Entries that are incomplete or non-compliant with these Official Rules will be void.
b. Automated or robotic entries will be blocked and disregarded.
c. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor; responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
d. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry of information or for entries which are electronically garbled, damaged, incompletely received, otherwise defective or lost in cyberspace due to any reason, all of which will be voided.
ALL ENTRIES: Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, delayed, misdirected, illegible, damaged and incomplete. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will neither be acknowledged nor returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Limit one entry per person, email or postal address, please; all additional entries will be disregarded and not permitted. Submitting an entry constitutes agreeing to the terms of these Official Rules.
4. WHAT CAN I WIN? One (1) Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a $2,015 scholarship in the form of a $2,015 check payable to the winner or the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Total prize value: $2,015. No interest will be paid for the time between the date of the drawing and the receipt of the prize. Winner and/or winner’s parent or legal guardian are responsible for the reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes incurred by the acceptance of the prize. Prize cannot be assigned, transferred, exchanged or otherwise redeemed. Sponsor is not responsible for any costs associated with accepting or otherwise using the prize. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor and its agents to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. HOW DO I WIN? Potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted during the week of March 16, 2015 from among all entries received. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of entries received; method of entry does not affect chance of winning. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. Three attempts to contact the potential Prize winners by express mail and/or telephone or e-mail at the postal address/phone number/e-mail address provided with entry will be made. Actual means of notification to be determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. If the potential Prize winner is unable to be reached within five (5) days of the third contact attempt, or refuses to accept the prize, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. If receipt of the prize is restricted by law or employment policy applicable to the potential winner or potential winner’s family (parents, children, siblings and spouse) and member of the households (whether or not related) of each, the potential winner will be disqualified and another winner selected. In the event the potential winner is a minor, the prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who shall be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on the winner in these Official Rules.
Potential prize winners (and/or their parent or legal guardian if such winner is a minor) must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Prize Documents”) within 14 days of receipt of Prize Documents. Sponsor shall have no liability or responsibility to award any prize where: (a) any required Prize Documents are not fully executed and received by Sponsor at the designated address by the due date specified in Prize Documents; or (b) if any mail addressed to the potential Winner is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable without a forwarding address or if potential Winner cannot be contacted for any reason; or (c) potential Winner is deemed ineligible or otherwise non-compliant with any aspect of these Official Rules. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the potential Prize winner and the selection of an alternate Prize winner. All prizes will be awarded.
Potential prize winner may be subject to a background check, which must be satisfactory in Sponsor's absolute discretion, before Sponsor determines potential winner's eligibility to appear in Promotion-related advertising. Potential winner may be ineligible to participate in promotion advertising based upon the information contained in the background check.
6. CONDUCT. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant (and/or their parent or legal guardian) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor and its agents, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. In the event that a dispute arises regarding the specific individual entitled to receive the prize from an on-line entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may be requested to provide proof that the Entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the account/submission. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify and prohibit any Entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize who Sponsor suspects, in the sole discretion, of attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automatic quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse or threaten or harass any of the Sponsors' representatives or otherwise failing to comply with these Rules. NOTE: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPONSOR OR ITS AGENTS OR UNDERMINING THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. No liability is assumed for illegible or incomplete entry information or for telephone-related technical difficulties or for technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or an unauthorized intervention or any other cause adversely affects the proper administration, play or conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to (a) suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes in part or its entirety; (b) void any suspected entries, and/or (c) conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all the entries received prior to suspension or cancellation. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of these Official Rules or any materials associated with the administration of the Sweepstakes or the announcement of the prize.
8. RELEASE. Each entrant and the winner, including any parent(s) or legal guardian(s), by entering this Sweepstakes or accepting any prize, agrees on behalf of him/herself, his/her heirs, executors, representatives, assigns, administrators and next of kin to indemnify, hold harmless and release the Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated businesses and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, representatives and any other person or entity associated with this Sweepstakes from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damage or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of the prize. The Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of any prize awarded.
9. DISPUTES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resorting to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of Nebraska; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., reasonable costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nebraska, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, rules or provisions (whether of the State of Nebraska or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nebraska.
10. PRIVACY. Information entrants provide to Sponsor will be used to communicate with entrants regarding this Sweepstakes and otherwise as set forth in these Official Rules, as well as to contact entrants at a later date with respect to products or services which the Sponsor believes may be of interest to them. By submitting an entry on-line, all entrants acknowledge and agree that the personal information that they have provided will be maintained on the Sponsor’s server and/or the server of those responsible for maintaining the receiving website and/or administering the draw, all in accordance with the Sponsor’s Privacy Statement available at www.petersons.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Notice
We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from our websites about children under age 13. If a child whom we know to be under age 13 sends personal information to us online, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, notify parents or seek parental consent, and will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. We are not, however, responsible for the collection and use of information by companies or individuals unaffiliated with us whose websites may contain links to ours, including vendors where you may shop.
Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties. We do not knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information via our site.
11. PUBLICITY CONSENT. By submitting an entry or accepting a prize, where permitted by law, each winner grants to Sponsor (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) and those acting pursuant to the authority of the Sponsor the unconditional and irrevocable right and license, without any further compensation, consideration, notice, review or consent, to use, exhibit and publish, in any medium now known or hereinafter known at any time, the following: (a) their name, city and state, age, image, likeness, voice, biographical information and statement for advertising, publicity, trade and public relations purposes, to the extent permitted by law; and (b) any film, tape recording or other reproduction of their appearance or voice upon the awarding of the Grand Prize.
12. WINNER’S IDENTITY & OFFICIAL RULES. Prize winner’s names age, city and state of residence, as well as a version of these Official Rules, suitable for printing, will be posted on www.petersons.com. The name of the Prize winner and these Official Rules are also available by mail. To receive a Winners’ List or the Official Rules, send a written request with a self-addressed stamped envelope before April 10, 2015 to either: “Peterson’s $2,015 Scholarship Giveaway Winner” or “Peterson’s $2,015 Scholarship Giveaway Rules,” 461 From Road, 2nd floor, Paramus, NJ 07652 All requests must be received by April 10, 2015.
13. SPONSOR. Peterson’s Nelnet, LLC, 461 From Road, Paramus, NJ 07652 sponsors this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time and substitute another promotion in its place.
14. ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
2015 Peterson’s Nelnet, LLC. All rights reserved. Sweepstakes entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for entrant’s personal use and not for any other commercial purpose whatsoever.