2. Children's Privacy
The Website is not structured to attract children under 13, and the Company does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, please do not use our Website. If we find out we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information about a child under 13, we will take all reasonable measures to delete that information from our system as soon as possible.3. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
During the course of the visitor's use of the Website, we automatically collect certain information on the Website through cookies, web beacons, log files, and other common Website data collection techniques and we receive information from third parties.
Website Cookies: The Website may place "cookies" on a visitor's computer. Cookies are small text files. Our Cookies save anonymized data about individual visitors, allowing the Website to recognize information about a visitor and help deliver personalized content and other services and functions.
The Website uses both session cookies, which terminate when a user closes his browser, and persistent cookies, which remain on the user's computer until they expire or are manually deleted.
The Website also contains coding from our business and technology partners which generates third-party cookies. Third-party cookies allow our business and technology partners to store non-Personally Identifiable Information they can access when you visit this or other Websites.
Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and provide the ability to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Blocking cookies may result in a lower quality experience for you while you are the Website.
Web Beacons (1x1 Pixels or GIFS): Our Website contains coding known as Web Beacons that use 1x1 pixel images to capture and transmit the online activity of users on our Website. These Web Beacons typically transmit information about form completions and other Website activities in order to measure advertising effectiveness or store analytics information. In addition, the Company may use Web Beacons in HTML-based emails. This allows us to evaluate the effectiveness of our email communications and our marketing campaigns by showing how many emails recipients have opened.
Log Files: Like most Websites, our servers utilize log files. Log files store information including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. Log files are used to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users' movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We use log file information at times to help identify you as you browse and to gather broad technical and demographic information on who uses our Website.
In addition to the information automatically collected, we also collect information that you provide to us when you register for an account on our Website, request information about a particular school or educational program, or otherwise voluntarily provide information about yourself and/or your educational interests.
From time to time, we post customer testimonials/comments/reviews on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We do obtain the customer's consent via email prior to posting the testimonial to post their name along with their testimonial.
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing address provided at the end of this document. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
7. How the Company Uses and Shares Information
- The Company may provide you targeted advertising via electronic delivery and/or postal mail.
- The Company may contact you for feedback on Website features and functionality and improving the content and layout of our Website via electronic delivery and/or postal mail.
- Statistical analysis of your behavior, demographics and interests.
- We utilize web beacons to enable the Company or third parties to provide you with advertisements, both on our Website and on third-party sites, which are tailored to your educational interests.
- We may use your geography to provide you with localized services, such as matching you with local education providers for some of the matching services we provide (e.g., educational opportunities or products or services available locally).
- We may use your physical mailing address, email address, mobile phone number, or other phone number to provide you with certain information or updates (such as our email newsletters, text messages, and phone calls) if requested by you or matches you with participating education providers in areas where you have requested information.
- We may use the account information to manage your account, facilitate the use of certain features of our Website (e.g., personalized education recommendations, suggestions of content that may be of interest to you, and creation of your educational interest lists) and to send you information about our company, services and products or offers from our business partners.
- We may use information about your use of our Website, such as your searches or browsing history and the education requests or interests, to make recommendations or suggestions to you and to provide you with advertising that is more relevant and interesting for you.
- If you have requested information from a service provider (such as an educational institution), we may use information about you to match you with additional appropriate service providers in our system.
- The Company also utilizes Web Beacons and Cookies and uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. Third-party advertising companies may also be utilized by the Company to target display advertising to you once you leave the Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information about your visits to our Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. It is solely your obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these advertisers and their associated third parties. These advertisers and their associated third parties are independent entities over which the Company exercises no control. The Company is not responsible for, and will not be liable for, their conduct, actions, omissions, or information handling or dissemination practices. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
- In addition to the uses described above, we may use your personal information for any of the following:
- To contact you via postal mail, email, phone or text message regarding the status of your inquiries relating to services or products listed on our Website. or to recommend additional service providers.
- To contact you via postal mail, email, phone or text message to confirm your education inquiry, to confirm, complete or update your registration information, or for any other business reason related to your use of our Website.
- To contact you via postal mail, email, phone or text message in response to a customer service question from you, or in relation to any issue arising in respect of the agreement between the Company and you, or to resolve or attempt to resolve a dispute between users or between the Company and you.
- To assist law enforcement or other governmental agencies investigating cases of possible illegal activities by third parties.
- To improve the experience of using the Website, improve the Company's products and services, improve marketing and promotion of our products and services, customize the Website's content and layout, and generally improve the Website to meet your needs better.
- Certain information that you provide, such as your educational interest lists, is publicly available on our Website unless you choose to make it private. You may control some of the information that is publicly available by signing into your account and adjusting your settings.
- We aggregate personal information into statistics about users, their usage of the Website, traffic patterns, and demographics. We may provide third parties with such statistics, but not in a way that would make that information personally identifiable.
- We allow sharing of information with third parties through your use of "Share", "Like" or other social interaction widgets on our Website. Widgets support functions that require that you disclose certain personally identifiable information given the user's choice of participation. This information is collected in many different ways such as: forms, surveys, contests, forums, subscribing or unsubscribing to mailings and correcting or updating personally identifiable information and are only used for the purpose in which they were collected.
- If you choose to submit to us your contact information as part of a request to be contacted by education institutions or service providers, the Company will supply to those third-parties your information, and those institutions or providers may contact you using your information regarding the specific query that you have provided. Upon receiving your request, the Company or third-party may contact you regarding requested or related products and/or services via phone, fax, email, postal mail or text message regardless of your status on opt-out lists such as Do Not Call registries or previously unsubscribing from their messages or opting out of this Website. The Company does not have direct control over the use of your information once provided to third-party education institutions and service providers, and your rights in respect of their treatment of your information will be governed by their own policies.
- The Company may occasionally use external service providers to facilitate, improve or outsource elements of our service or operation of the Website, including processing transactions, sending emails, and providing marketing assistance or analysis. We may provide your information to, or exchange your information with, these service providers for use in their provision of services to us, such as fraud protection, compliance monitoring or marketing analysis. These external service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions or services to us, but may not use it for other purposes including their own marketing.
The Company provides a number of different opportunities to review and change information in your profile or that we have stored about you. For example, you can go to the Website and log into your account to make desired changes.
To request that information which had previously been voluntarily provided be removed from our database, send a request to the Company using the Company Contact Information below. We will attempt to delete such information, where feasible, after we receive a request from you. We will respond to a request for access within 30 days.
Notwithstanding any request from you, we may retain a record of your information that is necessary to comply with applicable law or as necessary to manage your account.
By completing Website registration, filling out school information request forms, or otherwise providing your email address on one of our pages you consent that the Website may send email to you regarding our products and services or those of our business partners.
We understand you may not want to receive email from us or from our business partners. You can choose to opt out of receiving email communications from us by selecting to opt out by following the unsubscribe instructions in the email communication you receive from us, or by contacting us directly using the Company Contact Information below.
The Company has implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures and other generally accepted industry standards designed to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. We review our security procedures on a regular basis to consider new or updated and appropriate technology and methods. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmission of information over the Internet, or method of electronic storage of information, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially-acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us using the Company Contact Information.13. Your California Privacy Rights
California has passed legislation requiring certain disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. It requires any business that discloses a customer's personal information to any third party for direct marketing purposes to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that personal information. If you are a California resident, you may request this information by requesting it using the Company Contact Information.14. Company Contact Information
461 From Road – Suite 200
Paramus, NJ 07652