Tuition waiver award for dependent children who have not reached their 22nd birthday or spouses of veterans permanently and totally disabled resulting from service-connected disability; died from a service-connected disability ; at time of death was totally and permanently disabled due to service-connected disability, but whose death was not related to the service-connected disability; or member of the Armed Forces on active duty who has been listed for more than 90 days as missing in action, captured or forcibly detained or interned in the line of duty. Benefits apply only to the University of Maine System, Maine community colleges and Maine Maritime Academy. Must be high school graduate. Must submit with application proof of veteran's VA disability along with dependent verification paperwork such as birth, marriage, or adoption certificate and proof of enrollment in degree program.
- Must be an undergraduate student
- Must attend a university, a four-year college or a two-year college
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must not be attending high school currently
- Military service in any armed service branch is required
- Restricted to residents of Maine
- Restricted to students studying in Maine
How to Apply
Sign up for a Peterson's account and we'll tell you what you need and how to apply.