Peterson's HiSET Test Prep:
HiSET Practice Tests Plus+
Create a personalized study plan and sharpen your knowledge with full-length exams plus detailed answer explanations.
Learn why it's so much more than just practice tests
- Create a personalized study plan to keep yourself accountable
- Work through two full-length HiSET practice tests, with detailed answers and explanations to every question
- Take notes on question type and content
- Earn knowledge points to make studying fun
- Discover your strengths as well as your weaknesses so you can focus your studies
- Start here if you are already comfortable with the covered content, but need practice to perfect your skills and pacing for test day
What is the HiSET?
The High School Equivalency Test, or HiSET exam, provides out-of-school youth and adults with the opportunity to earn a state-issued high school equivalency credential. Most states have a minimum age for the test.
What's on the HiSET?
The HiSET is a multiple choice test that includes five sections: Math, Science, English, Social Studies, and Writing.
How is the HiSET scored?
The HiSET is scored on a 0 – 100 point scale. Test-takers can score up to 20 points per section.
Who takes the HiSET?
People who did not complete high school and want to earn the equivalency of a high school equivalency credential.
How can I register for the HiSET?
Make sure your eligible for the HiSET in your state or jurisdiction. You can find this information on the ETS website. From there, you can schedule an appointment.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test-prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.