- In-depth subject reviews covering all sections of the test.
- 3 full-length practice tests, including detailed explanations for the answers to every question.
- Sample EMT Basic Skill Evaluation Sheets to track your improvement.
- Up-to-date list of state EMT agencies, as well as EMS organizations and journals.
- Instruction on how to properly handle HAZMAT emergencies.
- Best for: future EMTs wanting help with both exam strategy and instructional problem solving. Provides ample opportunity for practice.
What is the EMT-Basic Certification Exam?
The EMT-Basic Certification Exam is the qualifying exam to become an emergency medical technician. It is the final test of the ability of a candidate to meet the performance objectives to become an EMT-Basic.
What is an EMT?
EMTs know how to safely transport patients from the scene of the emergency to the medical facility. They have the basic knowledge and skills needed to stabilize patients, and perform interventions as needed with ambulance equipment.
The EMT-Basic must complete a course based on National Highway Traffic Safety Administration-Department of Transportation guidelines. They are trained in the recognition of and intervention in medical and trauma emergencies. This training encompasses airway management, scene assessment, and medical emergencies.
How do I register for the EMT-Basic exam?
Students can get more information on the Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT) exam, certification process and exam registration, by visiting the official National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians website.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.