Learn about different career paths and how to begin
- A comprehensive source of information that helps prospective nursing students score their best on the licensing exam to become a practical nurse
- 4 practice tests and over 500 practice questions, including 2 online practice tests
- Listings of state boards of nursing as well as professional organizations
- Proven test-taking strategies and study techniques
- Information about basic nursing concepts, nursing procedures, and pharmacology plus details on nursing specialties
- Best for: test takers wanting help with both NCLEX-PN strategy and instructional problem solving. Provides ample opportunity for practice.
What is the NCLEX?
The National Council Licensure Examination, or NCLEX, is meant for those pursuing a nursing license. The NCLEX-RN is a test for future Registered Nurses, and the NCLEX-PN is a test for future practical/vocational nurses. Once you pass the NCLEX, you are licensed and can begin your practice as an entry-level nurse.
Who takes the NCLEX?
The NCLEX can be taken by those with an accredited nursing degree, and who meet the requirements for taking the test as decided by their state’s board of nursing.
What is on the NCLEX?
The NCLEX tests your knowledge in four major areas: safe effective care environment, health promotion and maintenance, psychosocial integrity, and physiological integrity. RN candidates will answer a minimum of 75 questions, and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) candidates will answer a minimum of 85 questions. If, after you’ve met the minimum, you are clearly passing or failing, you have finished the test. However, if a final assessment cannot yet be made, you will answer further questions.
How do I register for the NCLEX-PN exam?
You can register at National Council of State Boards of Nursing official website.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.
Don’t take our word for it–listen to what our customers have to say about our products:
With digital and print prep guides for over 150 exams and tests, there’s nowhere you can’t go with Peterson’s by your side.
Trusted since 1966 by institutions far and wide.