- The comprehensive guide for preparing students and their parents for private secondary school admissions testing.
- 4 practice tests, plus a diagnostic test.
- Test-taking strategies for each question type, along with exam day specific advice.
- Tips on all aspects of the private secondary school search process.
- Best for: students wanting help with both SSAT/ISEE strategy and instructional problem solving. Provides ample opportunity for practice.
What is the SSAT?
The Secondary School Admission Test, or SSAT, is a standardized test for students looking to enroll in an independent school. There is an Elementary Level for students currently in grades 3-4, a Middle Level for students currently in grades 5-7, and an Upper Level for students currently in grades 8-11.
What is the ISEE?
The Independent School Entrance Exam, or ISEE, is an admissions test for students looking to attend private middle schools and high schools. The test has four levels: A Primary Level for students currently in grades 1-3, Lower Level for students currently in grades 4-5, Middle Level for students currently in grades 6-7, and Upper Level for students currently in grades 8-11.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.
Don’t take our word for it—listen to what our customers have to say about our products:
With digital and print prep guides for over 150 exams and tests, there’s nowhere you can’t go with Peterson’s by your side. Trusted since 1966 by institutions far and wide.