High School Admission Exams: Guidance You Can Trust
TACHS Practice Tests Plus+
Everything you need to know to understand the TACHS (Catholic High School Entrance Exam)!
Learn why it's so much more than just practice tests
Coming here from a purchased book? Click here to access your online components.
- Create a personalized study plan to keep yourself accountable
- Work through five (5) full-length tests with detailed answers and explanations to EVERY question
- Take notes on question type and content
- Earn knowledge points to make studying fun
- Discover your strengths as well as your weaknesses so you can focus your studies
- Learn where you want, when you want. Dynamic delivery means you can prep at your own pace on your mobile device, tablet, or computer.
- Start here if you are already comfortable with the covered content, but need practice to perfect your skills and pacing for test day.
Already bought the book? Add this to your cart and use the coupon code provided!
What is the TACHS?
The Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools, or TACHS, is the admissions test for students wishing to attend Catholic high schools in and around New York City.
How is the TACHS exam scored?
The TACHS exam score is a percentile rank between 1 (low) and 99 (high) where 50 is the average. A good score is considered to be 70-99.
Should I prep for the TACHS exam? And how much?
TACHS exams can be taken only once per student. As such, preparation, especially with practice tests, before the exam is very important.
Preparation times will of course vary from student to student, but to study the most efficiently it is recommended that students use test preparation books which have diagnostic test and test taking strategies. Diagnostic tests allow students to see their strengths and weaknesses so they can focus their study efforts and minimize required study time to pass the exam.
Peterson’s Master the Catholic High School Entrance Exams 2019 is a perfect resource for those looking to study for the TACHS or HSPT as thoroughly and efficiently as possible because it contains practice tests, a diagnostic test, and test taking strategies to help students of any level succeed on test day.
How do I register for the TACHS exam?
You have two options for registering for the TACHS:
- Internet registration – Visit www.tachinfo.com/howtoregister.aspx and follow the steps to register online. This is the preferred method and is open to students, parents, guardians, and principals.
- Phone registration – Students, parents, and guardians can also register for the TACHS by phone, by calling 1-866-61TACHS and speaking with a live operator, who will walk you through the process.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.
Don’t take our word for it—listen to what our customers have to say about our products:
With digital and print prep guides for over 150 exams and tests, there’s nowhere you can’t go with Peterson’s by your side. Trusted since 1966 by institutions far and wide.