Become a skilled administrator in a rapidly evolving industry
The U.S. health care industry is undergoing profound and historical changes. Far-reaching demographic shifts, a new paradigm of patient-centered care, and an evolving policy landscape have created challenges for health care professionals, but they have also introduced new opportunities and a growing demand for innovative training and expertise to meet these challenges. Fordham's master's program will provide students with a deep knowledge of the industry as well as the managerial and problem-solving skills that health care organizations are looking for.
Students in Fordham's M.S. in Health Administration program will:
- learn foundational concepts and skills in health care administration;
- explore how the evolving health care system affects the delivery of quality care;
- develop solutions required by recent and anticipated health care reforms; and
- interact with researchers, practicing managers, and opinion leaders in New York City's health care community.
- A unique benefit of this master's in health administration program is that it brings together top faculty and novel perspectives from Fordham's graduate schools of arts and sciences, business, and social service.
- Students will build relationships through the program's cohort model, which brings together a diverse group of students from all facets of the healthcare industry
- Students can complete this executive-style 31-credit cohort degree program in one year while working full time. Classes meet two weekends a month at Fordham's Lincoln Center campus in midtown Manhattan. Coursework includes intensives and online instruction.
Skilled health care administrators are in high demand. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projected a 17 percent growth rate in health care administration jobs from 2014 to 2024. As graduates of the program, students will be well prepared to advance within their current profession or compete successfully for a new role in health administration. Positions include:
- Director of medical records
- Patient flow manager
- Practice manager
- Human resources director
- Financial analyst
- Nursing home administrator
- Billing department manager
- Managed care coordinator
- Chief operating officer of physician-owned and other multispeciality practices
Location & Contact
New York, NY 10458