Online Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at the University of Bridgeport
The RN to BSN program at the University of Bridgeport is designed for registered nurses who want to advance their nursing education and expand their career mobility. This fully-online program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. It has these key features:
- 8 week sessions
- 90 transfer credits from accredited institutions
- 9 advanced nursing courses
- 5 start terms a year
- Affordable tuition
In addition, its flexible, online format gives students the ability to earn their degrees according to their schedules. Many of the same professors who teach on-campus courses teach online courses. Plus, online courses have similar learning outcomes, requirements, and standards as on-campus courses.
RN to BSN curriculum
The RN to BSN consists of 120 credits of courses in the following areas:
- University core: 32 credits
- Program/transfer requirements: 44 credits
- General electives: 16 credits
- Upper-level BSN requirements: 28 credits
Three courses allow students to engage in a variety of assignments at sites within their geographic locations. For example, NURS 310 consists of 35 hours of work towards completing a community project. Furthermore, the curriculum provides practice experiences that help students achieve baccalaureate knowledge. These direct and indirect care experiences increase students' capacity to meet course objectives.
Online BSN learning objectives
Upon graduation, students will have the ability to complete the following tasks:
- Integrate knowledge from a liberal education in analysis, communication, human experience, global society, and scientific literacy
- Understand system-based practice and its impact on quality patient care
- Communicate using an interactive process that builds inter-professional and therapeutic interpersonal relationships
- Provide evidence-based, clinically competent, contemporary, and patient-centered nursing care
- Use critical thinking skills to facilitate excellence in nursing practice and provide comprehensive and compassionate nursing care across the life span
- Promote healthy lifestyles through health education, health promotion, and population-focused interventions
- Use leadership and management skills to provide quality and cost-effective care in the continuum of health care settings
- Practice within the ethics, legal standards, and values of professional nursing
Faculty members at the University of Bridgeport are dedicated to online learning. Many of them hold the highest degrees in their fields. They also have extensive real-world experience.
Debbie Morrill has a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)-nursing education and a medical/surgical nursing certification from the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses. She understands that adult students have jobs, spouses, children, and many other responsibilities. She advises them to focus on time management, organization, and connections with professors to achieve success.
Dawn Nair has a Doctor of Nursing Practice, an MSN, and a nurse educator certification from the National League of Nursing. She leverages the online learning environment to give her students who are working professionals the opportunity to have the kind of discussions about professional challenges, social issues, unfamiliar places, and other topics.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics projected that employment for nurses will grow 16% from 2014 through 2024. This is much faster than the average for all occupations.
An RN to BSN degree from the University of Bridgeport makes it possible for graduates to advance into leadership roles and provide the level of nursing care that health care facilities demand.
They receive career preparation from the university's Center for Career Development. Its comprehensive career counseling and resource center helps students actively engage in academic, career, and professional development. Several of the department's services are listed below.
- Resume and cover letter building
- Interview preparation
- Negotiation skills building
- Goal assessment
- Personal branding
The costs to attend the RN to BSN program at the University of Bridgeport include tuition and a software fee. Approximately, 96% of the university's students receive one or more of the following financial resources:
- Federal grants
- Federal loans
- State grants
The university also offers an interest-free payment plan so students can pay tuition and fees over several months.
University of Bridgeport
The University of Bridgeport (UB) is strongly committed to meeting the needs of a diverse student population including those who're interested in online education.
As a department, UB Online promotes excellence in online education by supporting students and faculty and assisting with program development. Its focus on instructional design and student advising create a supportive and personalized learning environment. Instructional design assists academic departments with curriculum design and develops faculty training. Student advising helps students achieve their academic goals.
The university is located in Bridgeport, Connecticut in the northeastern region of the United States. It has accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Instructors & Students
Teach both online and on-campus
Standardized Tests Required for Admission
Transfer Credits Accepted
Location & Contact
Melaine Rogers Director of Graduate Admissions Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 203-576-4352 Address126 Park Avenue Bridgeport, CT 06604