Many states across the country are offering numerous incentives to its residents to help boost their vaccination rates. The incentives range from a free beer, cash prizes, grocery gift cards, and full scholarships to a local college, among other awards.
The following states are offering free college tuition incentives to students who receive a COVID vaccine:
- Colorado announced its Colorado Comeback Cash Scholarship drawing which offers 25 $50,000 college scholarships to help pay for college. To qualify, students must be between the ages of 12 and 17 and have gotten at least a first dose of the vaccine by the date of the drawing.
- Delaware will award one full scholarship to a public Delaware university to a student aged 12 to 17 who gets their COVID vaccine between May 25-June 29.
- New York revealed that ten winners will receive a full scholarship to any New York public college or university, including tuition, room and board, books and supplies.
- Ohio residents aged 12 to 17 who have gotten at least one COVID vaccine dose can enter to win one of five full-ride scholarships to any in-state college or university.
- Oregon is offering five $100,000 scholarships through the Oregon College Savings Plan, available to vaccinated students between the ages of 12 and 17.
- West Virginia residents aged 12 to 25 who get their COVID vaccine will be entered into a drawing to receive two full four-year scholarships to any West Virginia institution.
Check with your state to see what incentives are being offered. For more information about the COVID vaccine and where to find one near you, visit the CDC website.
To find ways to fund your college degree, check out our scholarship search where you can access over $10 billion in private aid.