On this week’s episode
- On this week’s episode of You Have a Cool Job, we talk to Laura Forczyk , an astrophysicist. Laura owns Astralytical, a consulting company for space industry professionals.
- Laura shares her childhood interest in space and how this grew into a career in astrophysics. She talks about her educational background at the Florida Institute of Technology, the University of Alabama in Huntsville, and the University of Central Florida. After achieving her doctoral degree, she found that she wanted to utilize her interpersonal skills.
- Right after having her first child, Laura started Astralytical. She discusses the need to bring humanity into the work space, especially in the science world. Laura shares her experience bringing her infants to conferences she attends.
- Laura talks about her clients and daily work. She says she wants to get more information out there about how we use space in our everyday lives, and hopes to grow her business in this way. Accordingly, she stresses the need for various fields as they relate to space, rather than the traditional STEM avenues of study.
- To pursue a degree or career like this, check out Laura’s alma matter, the Florida Institute of Technology.
About the show
You Have a Cool Job is a podcast hosted by Taylor Sienkiewicz from Peterson’s. The show highlights professionals who have a unique, interesting, uncommon, or otherwise cool job.
Our goal is to motivate you and show how interesting, fulfilling, and anything-but-average your career can be, and we’ll do this by talking with people who took a path less traveled. We ask these fascinating individuals how they got to where they are in their career based on their education, experience, and influences; why they love their job; and lots more.
If you like what you’re hearing, check out these resources to get plugged in.
Subscribe to receive an email containing each podcast episode of You Have a Cool Job as they’re released.
Learn more about Laura’s work here.
Have a nomination for the show? Drop a line here.