On this week’s episode
- On this week’s episode of You Have a Cool Job, we focus on a person whose career centers around social goals rather than a specific industry. Coltrane Stansbury works to promote diversity and inclusion in the workplace, as well as community engagement on a local to national level.
- Coltrane earned his Master’s of Public Policy at Rutgers University Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy. He then began his work in policy, and explained how this was a perfect jumping-off point for his career.
- Discussing the various industries he has served in, Coltrane talks about how each position feeds into his ultimate goal of eradicating poverty. He explains how he is able to stay focused on this goal and the overarching themes of diversity and inclusion.
- Coltrane shares the most satisfying moments in his career, and gives advice to up-and-coming professionals on making an impact personally and professionally.
- *Note: Rutgers University is a partner of Peterson’s.
About the show
You Have a Cool Job is a podcast hosted by Taylor Sienkiewicz from Peterson’s. The show highlights professionals who have a unique, interesting, uncommon, or otherwise cool job.
Our goal is to motivate you and show how interesting, fulfilling, and anything-but-average your career can be, and we’ll do this by talking with people who took a path less traveled. We ask these fascinating individuals how they got to where they are in their career based on their education, experience, and influences; why they love their job; and lots more.
If you like what you’re hearing, check out these resources to get plugged in.
Subscribe to receive an email containing each podcast episode of You Have a Cool Job as they’re released.
Learn more about Coltrane’s work here.
Have a nomination for the show? Drop a line here.