When it comes to college planning, it may seem like there are a million things to think about, but don’t worry. Whether you’re a student or parent, the following college planning timelines will keep you on track and in the know throughout high school. Helpful, step-by-step tips cover everything from taking the right classes, making a list of colleges, to filling out college forms and applications on time!
College planning timelines for students
Ready…set…go! Get college planning advice for each year of high school.
College planning timelines for parents
Get step-by-step planning tips to help your child prepare for college.
College planning timeline for going back to college
Been out of the education game for a few years? Get a step-by-step roadmap for:
- 7 Tips for Adult Learners Returning to School
- Considerations for Choosing an MS vs. an MBA Program
- Going Back to School as an Adult in 5 Easy Steps
- Micro-credential Programs Allow Adults to Master In-demand Skills Quickly
- Can a Graduate Degree Help Me Make a Career Transition?
- High School Equivalency Exams Options and How to Prepare for Them
If you’re a high school student or the parent of a high school student, don’t worry if you aren’t starting with the 9th-grade timeline. However, you could play catch up by checking out the previous timelines first!
Need help getting started on your college search? Search by location, major, admission difficulty, and more with Peterson’s College Search.