- Peterson’s is an official test prep provider of the DSST, so you can be confident you’ve learned all the content you need, and none that you don’t.
- Course videos that cover An Overview of the Human Resource Management Field, Human Resource Planning and Staffing, Training and Development, Performance Management and Compensation Issues, Safety and Health, Employment Law and Labor Relations, Current Issues and Trends, and other topics you need to know.
- Learn where you want, when you want. Dynamic delivery means you can prep at your own pace for DSST tests on your mobile device, tablet, or computer.
- Best for: test takers that need to learn the covered content.
- Need to practice once you’ve learned the content? Add Peterson’s DSST Human Resource Management Practice Tests Plus+ to test your knowledge and perfect your skills for test day!
What is the DSST?
The DSST is a collection of standardized tests that measures your knowledge of certain subjects. Students can earn college credit at thousands of colleges and universities by earning a satisfactory score on a DSST exam.
What’s on the DSST?
The DSST consists of 30 tests that fall under five subject categories: Physical Science, Technology, Humanities, Business, Math, and Social Science.
How are DSST tests scored?
A scaled score is calculated, based on multiple choice questions and essay scores, that ranges from 200 to 500. The student then earns an A, B, C, or D based on this score. The letter grade is applied to your college course equivalent.
Who takes the DSST?
Anyone seeking college credit can take DSST exams. Military personal, home-schoolers, and adult learners are typical DSST test takers, but exams are also open to college and high school students. The DSST exam is helpful for students seeking higher education outside of the traditional classroom.
Why take the DSST?
By taking the DSST you can apply prior or current knowledge to get a head start on your higher education pathway, enhance your degree, and save time and money on courses. Students can take a variety of exams on entry-level collegiate topics in order to bypass these courses in college or university. Does this sound familiar? That may be because many students take DSST tests in conjunction with CLEP tests. While both offer college credit, CLEP tests offer testing in mainstream subjects while DSST test subjects are more specialized and can be used for upper level credits.
Should I prep for the DSST? And how much?
DSST exams test you on the equivalent of an entire college semester’s worth of curriculum in approximately 2 hours. While the idea is to test you on material you are very familiar with, some practice on the content and test itself is in order as a satisfactory score earns you the college credit you’re after. While everyone is different, Peterson’s recommends at least 6 weeks of preparation for test day.
How do I register for a DSST exam?
Students can only register and pay for a DSST exam at an authorized DSST testing center. The GetCollegeCredit website is a great resource to find information on locating testing centers as well as institutions that award credit for the DSST.
Peterson's - Improving Scores Since 1966
Why Peterson’s? Peterson’s is the world’s leading educational services company dedicated to furthering education after high school and beyond. From culinary school to medical school—and everything in-between–Peterson’s helps you discover, prepare for, and fund your education.
Every year over 500,000 students use Peterson’s books, practice tests, and learning tools to ace their exams. We are also exceptionally proud to be the official test prep provider of the DSST which provides college credit by exam for our men and women in uniform across the globe.
Don’t take our word for it — listen to what our customers have to say about our DSST products:
With digital and print prep guides for over 150 exams and tests, there’s nowhere you can’t go with Peterson’s by your side. Trusted since 1966 by institutions far and wide.