Not the four-year-college type? Are you are looking to update your skills in a particular field of study? Perhaps you should check out the opportunities that career colleges have to offer.
What is a career college?
Thousands of students enroll in career colleges (also known as technical or vocational schools) every year. Essentially, a career college is a private or public institution that offers career education through a range of certifications and degrees in a variety of career-specific fields. Depending on the type of career you’re interested in and the career school you select, you can earn a certificate, a diploma, or a two- or four-year degree.
What subjects can you study in career schools?
Some career colleges only offer education in a few related fields, while others may provide a list of hundreds of career-oriented subjects. Some of the most popular subjects and careers include:
- Accounting – find accounting career colleges
- Art and Design – find art and design career colleges
- Automotive – find automotive career colleges
- Business Administration – find business administration carer colleges
- Cosmetology – find cosmetology career colleges
- Court Reporting – find court reporting career colleges
- Culinary Arts – find culinary arts career colleges
- Dental Assistant – find dental assistant career colleges
- Electrician – find electrician career colleges
- Emergency Medical Technician – find EMT career colleges
- Fashion Design – find fashion design career colleges
- Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration – find HVAC career colleges
- Hotel and Restaurant Management – find hotel & restaurant management career colleges
- Information Technology – find IT career colleges
- Medical and Technical Careers – find medical technical career colleges
- Nursing – find nursing career colleges
- Paralegal – find paralegal career colleges
- Plumbing – find plumbing career colleges
- Real Estate – find real estate career colleges
A career college might help you reach your goals better than any other school
By this time in your life, you have some ideas about what you want to do with your life. Four-year colleges are a good fit for many students. But for others, four more years in a traditional classroom isn’t the right answer. Perhaps you should look into some career schools to find out they might offer exactly the career education you are seeking.